Wearing Lately #1

On
Tuesday, May 29, 2018
Despite my very best intentions, I have not been able to keep up with a regular posting schedule. I would love to, but I'm gonna cut myself some slack, knowing that life is busy and this is a hobby.
I was able to snap a few outfit shots over the last few weeks that I wanted to share. I managed to find a few good spots to shoot and am getting more comfortable in front of the camera :)



 

Outfit 1

 


This is my favorite outfit of the bunch. I saw a similar outfit on Karen (from Truncation) and knew that I wanted to recreate it. I'm always cold, so a cardigan was necessary. I loved the way the outfit turned out and even got a compliment from my 14yo brother (the neck scarf really got him). My little sister snapped this picture of me in front of some beautiful lilac bushes that matched my outfit; I couldn't have asked for a better day. 




Outfit 2

 


You will notice that black jeans are a theme in all of these outfits. I am a creature of habits and black jeans are my go to. This day was warm and sunny, so I wore this blue top that is one of my favorites for summer. It is billowy, has sleeves that can still fit in a sweater, and has pockets! It's truly a gem and I'm really glad I thrifted it. This picture was taken in a cemetery a few towns over from where I work. I've discovered that cemeteries are my favorite places to shoot, due to the fact that there are few (live) people around and the grounds are typically so beautiful. This one is right near my therapist's office, so, when weather permits, I plan to spend my waiting time here rather than in my car. 




Outfit 3

 


The day I wore this outfit was super full. Work followed by a cookout to celebrate the last night of youth group, then a trip to Burlington for a get together arranged by the Pride Center of Vermont. This outfit served me well through all of it, though I did need to untie my sleeves while wearing a jacket. I thrifted this top last summer in order to try the off the shoulder trend and didn't end up wearing it very often. I want to change that this summer, because it really is a great shirt. I wore it covering my shoulders at work and off the shoulder at night.

While the outfit was great, what I'm most excited about is this location. It is behind a little church that I drive by everyday on my way to work. I finally decided to stop one day last week and try taking pictures. The first set didn't come out well because I was rushing and stood in the direct sunlight. These pictures are from the next day and came out so well that I had a hard time narrowing down which ones to include. In addition to cemeteries, country churches are great places to take photos. 




That's it for outfit photos. I spent last night figuring out what I'm packing for vacation, which was a ton of fun. If only unpacking could be as enjoyable... I'm hoping to put together a post with what I packed and my thought process, so stay tuned!
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9